Monday, June 30, 2008

Why Can't Microsoft Write OSX Software?

So I just installed the latest Microsoft Office 2008 update from M$. It took about 4 hours to figure out what the installer was seeing that prevented it from seeing my installed version. To cut a long story short, the installer didn't like the fact that I had an Adobe Acrobat Pro toolbar installed.

But that's not all that I've seen reported that the installer doesn't like. It doesn't like XSlimmer. it doesn't like Monolingual. It doesn't like it if you've renamed the Office folder. It doesn't like a long list of things.

I can buy shareware that updates flawlessly. I can get freeware from a single developer that updates just as easily. Yet this overpriced POS can't update unless EVERYTHING is just right?!?!

Message to Microsoft: "Hire some programmers!"

No comments: