Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Video Monkey: VisualHub's Successor

Version 0.1 of Video Monkey was released today. Video Monkey is a Mac-only application for the conversion of video between a variety of formats. It borrows concepts from the great, but now defunct Visualhub software.

It has the same look and feel as VisualHub and appears to work well. It is currently freeware.

Okay, I did two tests and they worked fine.

Is it too early to proclaim "The King is Dead, Long Live the King"?

Nice for free.

1 comment:

Mac Hacker said...

Follow-up comment:

I tried using Video Monkey to translate an .mp4 file with unknown codec that I downloaded from the internet. It couldn't open the file. Quicktime couldn't open the file. VLC could view the content but would crash.

Visual Hub opened the file, translated it so that I could play it on my iPod with no problem.

Visual Hub may not be supported any more but it remains king in my book.