Monday, June 8, 2009

MacBook Pro 13" - Very Nice

Apple announced the release of the 13" MacBook Pro at the WWDC 2009 today. It looks to have all the features I was missing with the MacBook they announced late last year. Tied to that is a phenomenal price point for such a great machine. Let me do the maths:

MacBook Pro 13" $1,199
-student discount $100
+RAM to 4GB $100
-free iPod Touch (which Khan Jr. really wants for Christmas) -$229
-free Snow Leopard upgarde if I wait until the beginning of September -$29

Total effective cost for a 4GB model (which will be 64bit, my current mac isn't) and have a dual layer burner (my current mac doesn't).......$941. I'll switch out the HD as the upgrade isn't cost effective and put in 500 GB for another $100.

Sounds like I'm going to have to start saving.

Oh, and I get to keep my firewire port FTW!

No comments: