Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why I Use a Nom de Plume on this Blog

Some have e-mailed me to ask why I use a pseudonym on this blog instead of my given name.

I do it to protect the innocent.

Okay, really I do it because I don't want any hassle with those that might take issue with some of my posts. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, even arguing with me or telling me I'm full of it but I do object to the heavy-handed tactics that some like to employ.

For instance, if I legally buy a legal DVD, shouldn't I be legally able to watch that DVD? I would say yes but others disagree if I bought that legal DVD legally from another country. So I have a post describing how to counteract their restrictive measures. I don't know if the acts I describe are legal or not, and I don't really care.

My boss gave me a legal copy of software that he was no longer using that I used instead of paying for another years subscription. I described how I did that here too. I don't know if that's legal or not, and I don't really care.

Becoming the MacBook Hacker or even Grendel Khan has allowed me the opportunity to freely share the information I garnered.

I hope that explains my reasoning adequately.

This post not dugg by me as it's just an FYI.

1 comment:

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.